ink removal from carpet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought the refillable black ink for my ink cartridge for my printer. It splattered all over my carpet. Anyone know how to remove it?

Sponsored Links
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that it seems to be that only in the U.S. they're very careless with there pens/ink bottles etc. etc. ?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Scoby_Beasley said:
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that it seems to be that only in the U.S. they're very careless with there pens/ink bottles etc. etc. ?? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah,I noticed that :)

Branmuffin2217,

Might be too late,see this .It's always best to do the refillable ink for the ink cartridge outdoors etc.I would never do this again too messy and my local cartridge shop fill it up for me and it's cheaper :!:

I hardly think where one lives matters in this forum?
Those answers were less than helpful.

I dripped printer ink on my mousepad, and no, I was not refilling it.
I used liguid dishsoap, cold water with a toothbrush, and it removed. I believe it was Sunlight.

Sponsored Links
tazj said:
As it happens it does matter where you are in the world.

This is a UK based forum, no one has any objections to where you are, its just the language used, for example you mentioned dish soap, over here in the UK we do not know it by that name, Americans also have top loader washing machines, as a rule we do not, (there are some, but the mechanics are different, so we can not help, that really is can not, not will not.)

Our electrical wiring and voltage / frequency is different than America has.
In short everything is different over here, not to mention our sense of humour (which means you will probably find this post offensive)

As an observation, i notice that Americans often "post and go" that is not meant to be derogatory, its just a fact, they post once (usually a question) and are never heard from again

I am not even going to mention the fact that the post you replied to is over 1 year old :cry:

The plain fact is that the original comment was true. This is a UK forum, and we therefore, get very few postings from the US. BUT the vast majority of
postings requesting help concerning Ink removal, all originate from the USA.

If you know anything about statistics you will realise that, this anomaly must have an underlying cause. Perhaps DIY is an acronim for "Dropped Ink Yuk" or something in the USA. Or perhaps it's because stain removal is not considered a DIY job in the UK (it's not you know). More a matter of general housekeeping techniques.

If you suddenly noticed that every car in your street was a Russian model, you wouldn't have to be racist to be intrigued, would you?.

MasonA included a link to a whole section about Ink stain removal. Pretty helpful coming from someone in the building trade, don't you think?

It would be interesting to hear what Americans mean when they say DIY. It may clear up this mystery, once and for all. After all, you wouldn't go to a cartographer to ask about cement mixers would you?

tazj said:
I used liguid dishsoap, cold water with a toothbrush, and it removed. I believe it was Sunlight.
Now what sort of answer is that ? So, I go and buy Sunlight knowing it might not work ?
tazj said:
In what way ?

post locked to prevent hi-jacking

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back