Inset Bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have on order a deep 'japanese' style built in bath. ( see www.omnitub.co.uk).

The bath is of GRP construction and comes with no mounting frame as a standard bath does.

Has anyone fitted one of these??

Could anyoune offer any sound advice the best way of building a frame to support it. (My intention is to tile the bath in once it is in position)

Could anyone offer any advice on fitting this bath??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
does the lady on the rhs come with the bath ?

how about ext ply and 2x2 timber . the bath should sit on the floor on its own feet (or similar support) and then build around it

does the lady on the rhs come with the bath ?

errr - I wish!!! ( dont think er' indoors would like it though :LOL: )

the bath should sit on the floor on its own feet (or similar support) and then build around it

The problem is that the bath does not come with ANY form of support!!!

I was thinking putting 18mm ply on the deck as a base, running three 'joists' (4x3) on the ply to support the bath along its base. (the bath is 1050mmx1050mmx600mm(d))

Then, somehow build support around the top beneath the bath lip height, and board that with ply (top & sides), then bingo, slide the bath in, silicone & tile around.

Sponsored Links
I have been sent with the invoice BASIC guide to installation only.

The purpose of this thread is to find out if anyone has fitted a similar bath or has any helpful advice. (Thanks go out to JPC for his post).

I would imagine that the frame to support the bath would need to be rigid as so to support the bath, but flexible enough to accomodate any movement that the bath walls / base will exert when full of water (270 litres) and person movement in the bath as so not to crack the bath.

But yes, I will contact the supplier, I am just looking for some advice on here first.

How smooth/flat is the base? If it is flat enough you would be better to support it on plywood on top of the frame rather than on the frame itself.

I wasn't being facetious when I referred you to the manufacturer. The least you would expect them to supply for something relatively unusual would be proper instructions. Tell them that when you ring.

I have just received an Omnitub, but am amazed it comes without any feet. Did anyone find out how to support one of these?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back