frame for bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitting an omnitub duo bath, which is 1050mm square. It is to go into a space where 3 bath-sides are against walls.

Can anyone tell me the best way of fixing this bath? Obviously you cannot get to anything but the front once in position. The bath comes with no fitting kit, and the MI just say support 3 times across width for bath to sit on (which I've done with 3"x2"). The rear support is raised slightly to create water flow to waste.

I have considered making a square frame to fit under the entire length of the bath rim to support the edges, and having 'L' brackets screwed to the wood underneath the rim and then long enough to extend past the top of the bath which I could then secure to the wall.

Good enough? Or anyone else got a better suggestion?

Sponsored Links
When I fitted mine I placed it in position on the legs that came with it then underneath at the ends as far as I could reach, i marked a pencil line onto the wall that was flush up with the underside lip of the tub. Took the tub out and using a spirit level, joined the lines up around the 3 sides of the wall. Then fixed 3" x 2" battens onto the 3 sides of the wall so that the top of them are on the pencil line, tub back in resting on battens and feet, perfect. Never moves or makes any noise when full and 2 people in it after 4 years or more.

The rear support is raised slightly to create water flow to waste.
You shouldn't have to do this (unless the instructions say so) as all the tubs I've ever seen have that gentle slope to drain designed into them and should therefore be fitted with the sides level.

Thanks.

The instructions do say to raise it slightly at one end as you'll notice if you lay a spirit level across the top it needs levelling. When level along the top you have the correct slope. Strange...Mine didn't come with any feet???

Resting the lip on the baton instead of supporting it underneath the lip I thought might put unnecessary weight on the lip and force it to distort, but actually the sides seem quite sturdy, so resting the lips on batons should be OK as you have done.

Certainly seems the easiest way!

Cheers.

By the way, did you need to make a step-up into the tub?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back