Fitting a bath with no frame at all or adjustments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to fit a new bath, but when you buy them they come with just the bath and no support frame or adjustment ( its overseas) How is the best way to make a frame to support same? Also the outlet ( which is supplied ) needs 5 inch minimum clearance off the floor I am proposing to sit the bath on blocks of 125mm timber x 600cm accross the width of the bath at least 5 times to :

Take the weight of the person and water in the bath

To get clearance for the trap

Is this the right way to go or should I consider any other methods? The frame I was just going to make up of 50x50 so that it sits snugly under the lip of the bath so that the bath is supported but the weight is taken by the blocks mentioned above under neath . Will this be OK ?

regards

Sponsored Links
Never having bought a bath, but don't they come with adjustable feet which supports the bath?

I thought the frame was just to hold the panelling.

Hi there,

Did you ever resolve this problem? I've been trying to source a frame for a steel bath with no luck?

ally

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back