Install Kitchen Then Patch Concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, a new kitchen was installed and then self levelling cement poured in-in front of the kickplate etc. for any patches that needed done, in some cases the entire space for a white good.

Im told this is normal, can anyone give me some views, please?

Sponsored Links
Maybe just me, but I'd try to repair the floor before installing the kitchen. That way I'm working onto a nice flat (and hopefully level) surface Self levelling screed poured after the plinths were installed is just going to make the plinths difficult tto remove should you need to get in there (e.g. after a flood or burst pipe)

Sorry, I should have mentioned ...

It was done years ago. Brand new kitchen top to bottom and then the floor poured in.

The person before us only had a cooker, washing machine and fridge. We needed space for a dishwasher and tumble dryer on top of that, so we moved the kitchen about which left raised parts and dropped parts and to boot the floor has a massive run on it.

We told our housing office HQ and they were understanding, but when the local offices project manager came out he said it was the done thing and it was OUR fault the floor was like that and I dunno what Im talking about, Im just a DIYer and Im not qualified, though no one has asked.

But I would have thought you started with the floor too, seems sensible.

And where does all that water go if you get a burst?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back