Installating flue - Wood Burning Stove

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am having a woodburner installed by a Hetas fitter, and he has finished for the day and I have looked up the flue, and it looks like this..

Does this looks as it should?

I will speak to him when he is on site again tomorrow, but wanted you opinion.

The liner is 904/316

Many thanks
Rob

Sponsored Links
On the outside of the flue, which way are the arrows pointing?

Looks the right way up to me but the markings will tell you

Graeme

It's the right way up but it's the it the damage that worried me. The inside should be smooth should it not?

Thank you for your help

Sponsored Links
Yes, its a rough job but it does look as though the liner is in the right way up. Now the next question is are you going to put vermiculite between the new flue and the brickwork?
Frank

The stack goes through the centre of the house, not on an external wall, so I was thinking without vermiculite would be fine. Thoughts?

Do you think the internal dents/lifting are fine then?

It's for strictly wood burning if that makes any difference?

The dents aren't a problem, and the lifting will give a bit of turbulence, but nothing to worry about. The vermiculite, isn't an absolute necessity, but advisable. It'll make the fire more controllable, get it going quicker, and make the liner more secure when it gets swept.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back