Installed my low-e backwards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I've been stupid and didn't read the labels on my door glass. Three of the four DG units are in backwards, the final one the correct way around.

I'd already fitted all the beading too, and was too annoyed at the time to rectify the glass then and there. How much difference will this make? I've read on another site that the low-e coating can corrode and cause visibility problems?

Grrr... I should just pull my finger out and swap them 'round!

Thanks

Gary

Sponsored Links
You've answered your own question already
I should just pull my finger out and swap them 'round!
I don't know if there'll be any long term problems, you can bet your life though that if the Inspector has an ickle device for testing if you have low E glass and decides to test your glazing you'll be changing them anyway.

It makes no difference whatsoever which side the low e coating is on the U value of the unit will be the same.
Aesthetically, there may be a slight difference but i wouldn't worry if i was you, chances are you will damage/mark the beads in the process of turning it round and that would bother you much more.
On the subject of inspectors, they wouldn't be able to tell. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back