Installing a replacement cooker in Switzerland

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please help me with a problem I have replacing a cooker in Switzerland?

The old built in electric cooker died, so I have bought a new one to replace it. The original cooker seems to have had 3 live connections, presumably using all 3 phases, while the new one only has wiring diagrams for using one or two live terminals.

I've wired it up to only use 2 of the 3 lives and it runs but heats up slowly as though its lacking power. Can anyone advise why this would be the case and what I can do to resolve it?

Many thanks,
Fred.

Sponsored Links
have you got the installation booklet?

if you post a pic of the wiring diagram, and also of the connector block at the cooker, it might spark some ideas.

there should also be a rating plate at the cooker specifying its power requirements.

Thanks for your response John.

I've taken and uploaded 3 pictures that may help. 1 of the label, 1 of the circuit diagram and a third of the terminals.

Below is the link to my album:
//www.diynot.com/network/fred100/albums/

Would be great if you or someone can help me.

Thanks.

well it looks to me like it runs on 3-phase, neutral not connected, on terminals 1, 2 and 3 but I might be wrong. the instructions should explain.

I think the white core has been cut off :mad: on the incoming cable I see

what is the significance of R, S and T?

cable core colours are presumably non-harmonised Swiss standard.
(latest European harmonised colours are in http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technical/DataSheets/Cable/CableColoursLeaflet.pdf

it would be a good idea to test voltages between each core of your supply cable.

3-phase is particularly dangerous though so you may do better to save up for a local pro.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the advice - I rewired it and now working like a dream :D

OOI, what was wrong before? Was the Blue a Neutral?

Yes blue was a neutral. Rewired for 3 lives and no neutral and all worked well. Thanks again for the assistance. :)

Back