Installing an Electrolux oven - wiring problem / question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... I can't open the darned plastic cover over the connectors!

It's on an Electrolux EOB3400AOW electric single oven.

I've removed a screw from 'a'.

I've tried prising open what looks like a fuse holder with a screwdriver in 'b'. It does move, but it's not popping open, and I don't want to force it.

I've also tried removing the main back cover to access screws at 'c' and popping the clips at 'd', but that just takes the whole thing off the case to allow access to the rear of the terminals.

There's nothing in the user manual, and I've googled to no avail, so if anyone has any experience of this, I'd appreciate some advice. I don't want to spend the call out charge for an electrician when he's probably going to take all of 30 seconds to do it!

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
b= looks like the flex/cable grip to me.
you say you have had access to terminals be removing the whole cover, picture of that please.
Also it is hard to tell by your picture, is there a cable entry hole?

Hi,

Sorry for not replying earlier... I got caught up wrestling with the cover, then discovering away to get inside it (yay!), then with unrelated problem fitting the oven. It took me most of the morning.

I got inside the cover by taking the whole thing off the case again, whereupon I found a couple of (quite well disguised) tabs that could be unclipped to open it up.

I think you're right - the 'fuse cover' does seem to be a cable grip - but I just wired it up through the holes on the front, as the wires inside the cable were very stiff and difficult to route.

I'm pretty glad I figured it out - I was quoted £75 as a callout charge by an electrician!

Thanks for airing your difficulty with your electrolux oven. This gave me confidence for the exact same plastic cover on the rear of the John Lewis built in oven. How to get it off!

The answer is to take two blunt kitchen knives and insert each top and bottom at the right hand side. Then use careful force to push the flat plastic cover out of its casing. Hey! Presto! you are now in and can use the old wire from the old oven and get the roast on.

Once it is off only then does one realise that it actually hinges on the right and that somehow or other you are meant to release the left hand side. How that is done is beyond all my DIY expert friends.

This has to be one of the most awkward obstacles to overcome in a straightforward wiring job - and it is made in Germany (vorsprung durch techniq!!)

Sponsored Links
Building upon comments made by others over the internet I easily opened the mains supply connection unit
on the rear of an Electrolux oven as follows :
1) Unscrew and remove the philips screw which holds the cable clamp
2) Prise out the cable clamp ( which is hinged at the top ) to its maximum
open position ( about 60 degrees swing upwards)
3) Prise out the "bird beak" clips at the top LHS and bottom LHS of the Door
which will then swing open towards you ( The door hinges are on the
RHS of the door)
4) The three cable connector points are now totally visible and easily
accessible

Read more: //www.diynot.com/forums/your-p...ctrolux-oven-eob3400aow.403128/#ixzz32MuCTx3V

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back