installing aquapanel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have read previous posts at length but just need a point clarifying. I have ripped off ALL the tiles in my bathroom, of which some (the wall that the shower is attached to) fell off as they were stuck directly to chipboard.

I am going to install aquapanel to this board before calling in a tiler to re-tile, my question is, do i install the aquapanel to the floor, or only to the top of the bath (where the tiles will end)?

Thanks for any info
DF

p.s. The other two walls that surround the bath, the plaster is in fairly good condition, will this be an acceptable surface to tile straight on to?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
Install Aquapanel wherever there is a regular contact of water. Moving the bath and fitting aquapanel all the way down to the floor would be sensible if not absolutely necessary.

The two plastered walls will probably be fine as long as they are primed correctly and away from any direct spray from a shower head.

Thanks for that Mudster, i will fit it to all the way to the floor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back