Installing new electric hot tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a new hot tap and its 1600w. Power supply above the work tops is I have at the moment is 2x fused 13 amp spur with a 3kw plinth heater and on the other side is a dishwasher both wired straight in to connection plates. Not sure if i would be ok to wire the hot tap tank in to one of these but have a feeling it would be too much load.
Any help would be much appreciated.
TIA

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Using the grid system you can fuse however you want and add change over switches the sky is the limit, depends on what room you have and what would look good.

I used screwfix LAP range to make up what I wanted, in may case I turned a double socket into a switch, socket, and fuse holder so it could feed 3 more double sockets.

If the spur is fused then it does not matter how many sockets, if you use too many things together it will just blow the fuse. But seems a very low wattage for a hot tap, my single cup boilers are 3 kW.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back