Installing replacement mixer shower

ps1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Newbie non professional here seeking some advice so please be gentle with me.

I'm in the process (or at least the plumber I've engaged is) of replacing an old aqualisa shower with a new thermostatic bar shower (Architekt Avus bought from plumbworld.co.uk).

Plumber tells me that this needs a "fixing kit" as there is no method of securing the unit to the wall other than by screwing into the the feeding pipework (and it is a pretty heavy unit). Plumbworld don't seem to want to answer my emails about this.

Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated

Sponsored Links
errr... just bumping this up to the top in the hope someone can help.

.... these threads get buried pretty quick on here don't they

Sponsored Links
Dunno why you're getting no response, normally such a helpful lot here! I don't seem to be able to get on to Plumbworlds site at the moment so don't know about this particular shower. However, ( although I'm not a plumber) I have fitted a few therm. mixer bars, and all of them have used the pipework as a support, and the necessary parts come with the shower apart from the 1/2 inch BSP connectors at the end of the pipework. Try to picture this:-

Hot and cold feeds rise vertically then go through 90 degrees and through the wall into shower area. This pipework is rigidly fixed to studwork and terminated with 1/2" BSP connectors, to which the shower bar is connected. Any slack is then taken up with large chrome disc like nuts that should come with the shower. Seemed a bit bodgy to me too with the weight of the unit but it seems to work fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back