Avus Architeckt shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having trouble with my Avus Architekt Thermostatic Bar Shower, in that when I try to increase the temperature 1) it isn't hot enough 2) the pressure drops significantly and the pump seems struggle.

It has been plumbed in correctly, with the recommended width pipework, and I have tried adjusting the thermostat to rectify the temp problem but it seems to make the pump struggle more. I have been told by a plumber that if a pump is fitted the ratio shouldn't be a problem, but there could be an issue with the return valves, if the shower has them. Can anybody suggest 1) where I might find the return valves 2) offer a practical solution to my dilema.

I have been in contact with plumbworld for over a year in regard to this issue, and have found them totally unhelpful. I have recently found out that I can only communicate with customer service and they don't have technical info.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
It hasn't worked properly since we've had it. Originally it was a temperature issue. When we take the shower off and run the pump water pumps out of both quite powerfully.

as you look at the shower, is the hot connected to the left and the cold to the right ? if they are the wrong way round this will give problems controlling the temperature.

Sponsored Links
then its either the thermostatic cartridge is knackered and/or the filters are blocked, either way your gonna need a plumber.

I fixed my luke warm Architeckt valve. The valve comes out on one big nut very easily. Mine then split itself into the two parts since a metal clip had rusted, you may have to disassemble. I filed off 1mm of the metal pin on the end of the thermal spring so that it doesn't prematurely open the cold a little. Alternatively if you want to replace the Bristan cart18 looks exactly the same, still waiting for mine, others may also fit depends on the O ring dimensions/spacing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back