Architeckt showers: why so cheap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/0-17112

Anyone have any experience of Architeckt showers?

What makes one mixer shower better than another, and is there any reason that this Architeckt won't do the job for me?

I have a gravity-fed separate hot and cold system with a standalone pump already installed.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Confiteor said:

What makes one mixer shower better than another, and is there any reason that this Architeckt won't do the job for me?

I have a gravity-fed separate hot and cold system with a standalone pump already installed.

Cheers.

Congratulations...you have a gravity fed hot & cold system..your cold water is fed from a tank then? i must admit to not knowing what a standalone pump is. Do you have a cylinder? Elson tank? solid fuel back boiler unit? damper?

Cold water tank in loft.
Hot from cylinder.
"standalone pump" = shower pump

Seeking opinions on this Architeckt model. I already know it is compatible with my system.

Just need to know if the brand is one worth avoiding.

Architeckt is ok and will work well with your system, take no notice of the alcholics post :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
clf-gas said:
Architeckt is ok and will work well with your system, take no notice of the alcholics post :LOL: :LOL: ;)

I believe (hic) you are being (hic) slanderous..

Cheers.
Hi,

Did you buy the Architeckt showers?

What is your feedback after these years?

Thank you,

Luis.

The person you quoted last used this forum 15 years ago.
The shower referred to is a low end cheapo own brand sold by Plumbworld. Much the same as any other non-branded thing. When it breaks, you buy a new one.

Just adding my pennyworth 15 years later!
I have 3 installed Jan. 2021 and zero issues so far. Good buy!

I do appreciate this is a very old post but the subject is ever relevant.

All these budgetware brands do is create a throw away culture and fund an economy (we all know who that is) that is built on copywrite theft and re-producing cheap crap cloneware of good, high quality products. All that does is rips the backside out of good quality companies.

Of course, we are the ones that create this demand for crap throwaway guff, as a lot of the western world is more than happy with cheap crap and not prepared to pay for decent quality sanitary ware with long warranty and good cust support.

Anyways ... off me soapbox now .... :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back