Installing stack pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm going to be installing a new stack pipe as my oid
One will be covering my new doors of new extension. Obviously this will be going through building control as is my extension.
So my question is, there will be a vertical stack which will be vented above roof, this will have the upstairs toilet going into it and also I want to put the bath waste into it. Is there a particular distance above or below the toilet waste I can bring the bath waste in at?
Then it will go down to the ground where I will have a sweeping bend and it will then run under ground in a straight line about 3.5m to a man hole where it will join the sewer. In this under ground section I wa going to put a Sweeping tee piece where I intent to go through the wall back into the house to pick up a new downstairs wc.
And lastly, I want to put the kitchen sink waste into it. Is this also ok?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No connection is permitted to the stack within a distance of 200mm below the centre line of the W.C. branch, (anywhere outside of this area is fine to connect the bath waste). Sink waste will be fine, (as long as its not within the area indicated above! ;) )

Not advised to join another W.C. to the sewer underground using a branch, and i'd be very surprised if B.C.O. will allow that. Either fit a chamber, (depending on depth you may get away with a shallow access chamber) where you wish to join, or reroute the pipe from the downstairs W.C. to the existing manhole where you are proposing to connect the sewer from the upstairs stack.

Thanks Hugh, that very helpful. Ok that makes sense to run a separate line in for downstairs wc.

One last thing, my kitchen sink/ dishwasher etc waste, can i Still put this into the stack as well providing its not within tha 200mm you mentioned?

Thanks

The 200mm zone only comes in if your connecting directly opposite.

Is your wc entering straight into the rear of the stack or from the side running along wall ?

Sponsored Links
Main requirement with any drain is all sections must be accessible for rodding. If you join a W.C. to an existing run using a branch it would be nigh on impossible to get rods along should that run block. (You dont want to be removing the pan to attack from that end!) If its easier to connect to the new run from the stack then that should be ok, but i'd expect B.C.O. to insist on a chamber at the junction.

Sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc are fine to connect to stack. You should be well below the no connection zone by then!

Is your wc entering straight into the rear of the stack or from the side running along wall ?

It will be the same side as the wc waste but will be below the 200mm mark anyway.

I think I will run a separate run for downstairs waste to be safe.

One last thing, should the pipe where it runs underground be led in the ground on a bed of sand or gravel or can it go direct in the dirt?

Thanks guys ..

It will be the same side as the wc waste but will be below the 200mm mark anyway.

I think I will run a separate run for downstairs waste to be safe.

One last thing, should the pipe where it runs underground be led in the ground on a bed of sand or gravel or can it go direct in the dirt?

Thanks guys ..

You may find this helpful electrospark,

http://www.hunterplastics.co.uk/download/49/Installation Details.pdf

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back