Installing Thermostat to Baxi 105e question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler Baxi 105e
Timer Dratyon Lp111
Stat: Drayton RTS8 (requires 3 wire connection through baxi 105e)

Thought I'd got this sorted in my head then became confused when referring to the various wiring diagrams.
The wiring block on the boiler is joined to the mains on terminals 'L' and 'N' but it says that all control external units must be joined via terminals 1( 230 volts) and 2( I take this is neutral).

Understanding that the stat is basically in series with the timer I'm assuming that where the Drayton instuctions say L then this would be joined via the timer to terminal 1 (230v) at the boiler and N (load) would go to 2 on the boiler.
The other 'N' I take it goes to the mains Neutral.
I'm joining all this through a junction box.
Thanks in advance for any advice..........Yours .......Mac

Sponsored Links
Looking at Fig 29 in the 105e Installation and Servicing Instructions:- http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/System/DATA/Dx/DS1/installation/2288/I05-2288/I05-2288.htm

You are correct that the timer and thermostat are wired in series as per the diagram. As you say, input L on the thermostat is wired to the switched live via the timer from boiler terminal 1. The switched live output from the thermostat terminal 3 connects back to terminal 2 in the boiler. Note that boiler terminal 2 is the switched live input, not neutral. In order to work correctly, the RTS8 thermostat also requires a neutral connection to its N terminal as per Fig 5 in the RTS8 installation instructions. As you say, this should be wired to the neutral of the heating system/ boiler supply circuit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back