Insulated Plasterboard on a Angled Ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

In a few weeks time I have builders coming out to build an extension onto my house, in order to save some money i'm going to install the insulated plasterboard myself, i've installed loads of normal plasterboard in the past but this is the 1st time using the insulated stuff.

In the new room the architect drawing specifies insulated plasterboard for all the walls and ceiling, which is fine, my only problem is the room will have a high ceiling, some of which will be angled (see the attached picture, brown lines are timber frame, yellow and grey are the insulated plasterboard), if I were to just stick the sheets up with their normal straight edges it will create gaps as indicated with the red circles in the picture. Is this ok or will I have to cut angles on the edges of the plasterboard and insulation to close these gaps.

insulation.jpg

Sponsored Links
Do your best to mitre them, hardly any more difficult than a square cut using a saw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back