Insulated plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all following on from my sizing post has anyone got any advice on insulated plasterboard?

Basically it's to cover a timber frame which is already insulated (between studs). My understanding is a need to insulate across the studs and then PB to avoid ghosting. I will probably add a skim coat after that.

Main concern is cost as insulated boards 27mm (10mm insulation 12.5mm PB) are around £28 a board. I could use normal board with a separate 10mm insulation? Any problems likely with this aside from having to fix twice?

Thanks and Merry Christmas all.

Sponsored Links
That's presumably plasterboard with celotex or similar on the back. Boards with polystyrene on the back are half the price. Polystyrene is 0.040 W/mk where as celotex is 0.021 so you need ~20mm or polystyrene to match 10mm of celotex. Polystyrene isn't a vapour barrier I believe but if you skim then I think skim is.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back