Insulating my Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My attic has been converted into a master bedroom; however I did the sensible thing of keeping space in the attic for storage. In essence, I can open a door from my bedroom directly into the remaining open space in the roof. The flooring is insulated and boarded but the rest is open to the elements as such, in that you can see the eves/rafters...................so it is bloody cold!

I now want to reduce the cold in this area, and am therefore thinking of putting kingspan/celotex or whatever in between the rafters/joists of this roof space. Are there any implications in doing this?

Basically, in the eves the roof tiles are attached to battens which are in turn attached to the joists/rafters, but there is no insulation at present.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Terence

Sponsored Links
Triso super 10 insulation, can be stapled onto the back of the rafters and is the equivalent of 200mm fibreglass insulation in u value.

Costs around £180 per 20 m square but is worth it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back