Insulating pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a boiler and Megaflo in the loft with a long pipe run from one side of the loft to the other. Loft has vented soffits and so gets pretty cold, especially at this time of year (which keeps causing the froststat to turn the boiler on in the middle of the night but that's a different problem :( )

Currently the pipes are insulated with the pretty rubbish felt lagging and I want to improve this since I'm sure I'm losing a lot of heat from the pipes as the water makes it's way across the loft. Problem is that they are very close together (all the pipes for CH plus water including returns, and the gas supply pipe for the boiler). Any idea's on a good way of insulating them?

I was thinking maybe wrapping the whole lot in loft insulation but would it be OK to also wrap the gas pipe?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back