Insulating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ice problem on my house. The attic is built with trusses and I cannot get to the bottom end as there is no room to crawl down there from inside the attic. I would like to blow in more insulation to upgrade from r12 to r50. Before I do I would like to get the ventilation from the bottom portion of the eaves fixed. There seems to be enough ventilation around the rest of the eave as it is a split level and there is more open eaves as you move higher in the attic. The attic is vented with a maxi vent. I removed the soffit where the ice problem is and thought I might put some styrofoam venting from the bottom end to get more air flowing. Upon removal of the soffit I found that the air flow is blocked with 2x4 eave blocking. Can these have holes cut in them to help get some air moving or any suggestions

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back