Insulation between rafters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've read through some of the posts but I'm still unsure of what to do. I've just installed insulation in my rafters with the intention of plasterboarding over it, but I've been getting small puddles of water on the floor. I phoned up my local roofer to see if I had a leak in the roof, he has checked and said it's sound but when I showed him the loft he said that it's condensation and I need a 50mm gap between the roof and the installation for the air to flow.
The rafters are at 45deg therefore I've had to use netting to hold it in position and don't really want to redo it, can I make the gap between the insulation and the plasterboard giving me roof-installation-50mm gap-plasterboard or do I need to remove the installation to give me roof-50mm gap-installation-plasterboard
I've also asked my roofer to install more vents in the eaves to provide more air flow.

Sponsored Links
If you mean there is traditional felt membrane that is non breathable then yes you need a minimum 50mm ventilation gap between the underside of the felt and the top of the insulation. But the gap must be vented at the eaves and the ridge.

ventilation_clip_image002_0000.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back