Insulation for heat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My house has an extension which is a double garage with a bedroom above. The bedroom is very cold. I cant access the roof area from the main loft so not sure if there is insulation. We moved in summer and had new carpets fitted so I now cant lift flooring to put insulation in floor. Any ideas? I could only think of having an access hatch put in the bedroom ceiling to see if it is insulated but thats not ideal. I could have the garage ceiling removed but that wont be easy or cheap. Any alternatives?

Sponsored Links
You can get little cameras on a bendy arm with a light incorporated. Then you can poke out through a small hole in the ceiling and look around to see if there's insulation. If there isn't then you'll have to gain access somehow.
Other things to check is as woody alludes to, is it really the heat loss is too great, or is it just the heat input is too small. Also check for over ventilation, is there a gap all around letting the air whistle past whatever insulation is present. You can use a joss stick on a windy day or on a cold day with heating on to find draughts or convection currents leaving the room

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back