Integrated Bosch dishwasher vs freestanding

Actually I was wrong- half wrong as it is hard wired but there might be sufficient space to fit a plug at the back. I think that I’m better off using the existing wiring and it also means I can shut it off at the isolator rather than having to pull out each time.

It looks like the depth was indeed an issue previously, as is evidenced by the fact that some buried everything below the surface of the plaster.

Sponsored Links
It looks like the depth was indeed an issue previously, as is evidenced by the fact that some buried everything below the surface of the plaster.
Quite possibly though the integrated dishwasher isn’t as deep as a freestanding one which is 60cm and will protrude slightly. I suspect I’d have to channel out a path for the flex as well or it will come out even further and look a bit crap.

Might have to go back to look at the integrated dishwashers again!

Interesting debate, my first dish washer must have lasted around 25 years, free standing type. But last house the counters must have been deeper, as with this house the dish washer does stick out about 3" which is handy as lower than the microwave above it so a ledge to put coffee on while we shut the microwave door.

But more important to if integrated or not, is how easy for maintenance, and how well it washes dishes, and for how much. I am not sure what all the programs are for, one would need a degree in dish washing to work out the best program, we always use the same one, so not sure why we have so many.

However we do have one extra feature from the earliest model which we do use, the delay timer, after dinner I can set the dish washer to come on around 1 am when we have off peak supply, over the evening we will open the dish washer many times to put in the extra cup or plate, but no remembering to turn on before going to bed, it will auto start.

Same with washing machine and tumble drier, we have three high power electric using items auto switch on when the power is cheap.

The problem in going for integrated anything is often they lag behind with technology.

Interesting debate, my first dish washer must have lasted around 25 years, free standing type. But last house the counters must have been deeper, as with this house the dish washer does stick out about 3"

I think the standard size is 60cm deep. Maybe you have a pipe behind it.

Sponsored Links
Actually I was wrong- half wrong as it is hard wired but there might be sufficient space to fit a plug at the back. I think that I’m better off using the existing wiring and it also means I can shut it off at the isolator rather than having to pull out each time.

That looks like it is just a blanking plate, which someone has repurposed as a rough flex outlet. Behind it will likely just be connectors. Were it me, I would simply replace that, with a normal 13amp socket, which will make it easy to just plug the machine in.

That looks like it is just a blanking plate, which someone has repurposed as a rough flex outlet. Behind it will likely just be connectors. Were it me, I would simply replace that, with a normal 13amp socket, which will make it easy to just plug the machine in.
I think you’re right but i would have to cut out a deeper hole for a socket i think.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back