Integrating dishwasher/washing machine/fridge etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm in the process of buying a new house, The house doesn't come with integrated white goods. Now I don't want to buy all new kitchen appliances to go into my new home, its costing me enough as it is.

Can I fit integrated units into the gaps when my existing appliance pack in, assuming I buy the doors and kick boards when I move in and store them for later use.

Or is this not possible.

Sponsored Links
Integrated products differ from free standing ones in several ways, for instance integrated washers are les prone to vibration because they use different componets so that the cupboard doors do not vibrate loose & come off. It is generally not possible to fit doors to free standing products either. So your plan is a non-starter really unless you are prepared to pay the extra for integrated appliances at a later date, by which time you cannot guarantee things will not have moved on & they will still fit your exsisting carcasses. Either settle for non integrated appliances or ask them to build a separate utilty room, but I doubt that is a viable option.

My idea is I don't want to buy new equipment, but can afford the doors etc as this now new kitchen will clearly be soon unable to buy.

So in a year or so when my dishwasher/washing machine packs up I can buy an integrated one to fit as replacement for my old freestanding one. Using the doors/kick board that I have bought to fit to the new equipment.

I can justify the cost if the end result is a fully integrated kitchen. Im just trying to spread the cost. I have a newish dishwasher and a top of the range 5+ year old washing machine. So to replace these would cost well over a grand and a bit more . Seems a waste to just throw my working stuff away.

Sponsored Links
You will be able to replace them with integrated or semi integrated at a later date as the machine sizes and cavvitys are standards. You may get a small variation between manufacturers of a mm or so but as long as you use full size (600mm) appliances you wont have a problem.

The manufacturers of kitchens and appliances are not in the buisness of putting problems in the way of the other party.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back