intermittant re-ignition whilst running

I have sprinkled talcum powder around the flue seal and inspection plate seal and started the boiler, during the initial ignition, a plume of talc rose into the air from the right hand side of the flu seal where it connects to the boiler top, so I am going to rake the old fire cement out down to the rope seal and repack with fresh cement. I am also going to tape up a flue joint as recommended by Boulter at the other end of the elbow where it joins the horizontal pipe through the wall, the installer has omitted the tape but I think I can see some kind of clear sealant in the join, I will tape it up anyway to be sure.

Sponsored Links
Packed out the flue seal with fire cement and thats has set hard and sealed nicely, but i still have the prob of the flame going out as soon as I shut the door, Looking along the full length of the circular exhaust flue pipe inside the square intake flue...., the seam in the stainless steel ex pipe seems corroded and rusty with black areas which look like soot stains, strange for a stainless steel pipe, I wonder if the seams going and gases are being drawn back down to the fan via the inlet. Its hard to see to be sure, I suppose it will need removing for inspection...Regardless...We have now decided to sell up home and move which we had been planning for some time, So.... I am getting a heating eng in for a service and I will point the rusty seam out, I dont want any disasters for a incoming family with children and a system leaking and recycling CO2 so best to play safe. I was happy to fix it if it had been something I could put my finger on straight away. I would however like to thank all who helped me on this very friendly forum, its what the internet is all about. Thanks again for your time. Cheers

No one should move home because of a boiler!

But anyone moving should get their boiler checked and serviced BEFORE they move. Now the seller can be held responsible for any non working appliances unless the problem was disclosed before the sale.

Before you hand over your boiler to the pro you could check and clean the photocell window. Its not the only problem but could be contributing if very dirty.

I even did one today! She wanted the boiler sorted out but stopped short of balancing the rads!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back