Intermittent tap pulsating noise/pipe noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have been looking at an ongoing issue with noise at a property. It only affects the bathroom/boiler. I have renewed the stopcock as it wasn’t turning the water off, the tap cartridges have been swapped out. The noise is only on the bath or basin when the hot water is ran. I have isolated other taps, electric shower and wc cistern to rule those out, the noise is still there when boiler is turned off on switch, so water related?

Boiler: Vaillant EcoTEC pro 28

Noise was there before stopcock change, intermittent noise, and seems to stop half turning iso valve.

I have changed iso valves for full bore and still doing it, :mad::mad: and checked flow turbine and inlet filter, all good. No water meter in the property either. Boiler and bathroom have been installed approx 11 years, noise only started within the last year.

Current temp repair - isolation valve under boiler reducing flow slightly

Yes I do have this thread on another forum.

Sponsored Links
Might be worth looking at the taps again? Might need replacing, also check pressure.

Can you upload a video with sound?

If basin taps are on flexis, try swapping these over and see if noise changes to other side of tap feed.

Thanks for the reply. The basin and bath taps are both fed in copper.

I can’t seem to post a video, as it said too large, I edited to smaller, but doesn’t recognise.mov extensions? Any ideas how I upload differently?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back