Internal corner beads rusted

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
Just stripped the wall paper from the hall and there is rusting on the corner beads. It is not bad and will sand off

They are old steal ones can you advise after sanding what to do to cover them as I am going to emulsion the hall and do not want any future rust staining coming through the paint work.

I was advised to under coat them with an oil based undercoat but then was told the emusion would not stick to that and flake of after time

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi ,sand down and paint over with pva,once dry you can paint over with emulsion. :LOL:

If you remove all the rust an oil based u/c will be fine and will stop any further problems, that was good advice. Emulsion paints are often used over an oil based u/c and do not peel off, hence that was bad advice.

The formation of rust relys soley on air and moisture, you have to stop one before the other can take effect. So have to the ready your brush and undercoat. Remove the rust dust off and apply your u/c, if you leave it only overnight the moisture in the air will condense upon it and the rust will reform causing a premature breakdown of you paint system.

Dec.

Sponsored Links
Hi
Thanks for the advice I will go with the oil based under coat

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back