Internal Crack running round the inside of Window?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have just been to visit a 1st floor flat which is for sale. The property seems run down but sound in most areas. The only visible issue is a large crack running round one of the double glazed windows which looks pretty bad on first glance. The seller says it has been there for a long time. You can see the edge of what appears to be a verticle damp proof course inside the crack running down the crack.

Another window has a similar but smaller crack around it on another wall.

It looks like they were poorly fitted, but the bad crack is about finger width and runs along the side of the window and up around the top and down the other side (thinner that side).

Could this be an indicator of a much more serious problem.?
I can see no other cracks in the wall around the window internally or externally.
The shop below the flat had significant work done last year to fit in steel supports etc. But as i understand it the crack was there before this.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back