Internal door quality

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I apologise if this has been asked before. I need to replace 11 doors (some fire doors) with oak veneer and all roads seem to lead back to Jeld Wen, Premdor and XL Joinery. Is there anything to choose between them regarding quality?

I don't mind spending an extra couple of quid, as this is (hopefully!) a forever house.

Thanks Barry

Sponsored Links
Not a lot, really. The requirement for fire doors does limit your choices quite a lot

Edit: I should have pointed out that the brands you mentioned are the big boys, but that there are other, smaller, concerns who may be able to assist you. Google "pre hung door sets" and you'll find local manufacturers who are generally more willing/able to supply oddball sizes, bespoke veneers, special finishes, etc. For example fairly locally to us we have PDS in Littleborough, Greater Manchester who offer made-to-measure fire door sets

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back