Internal door sizes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all have 6 doors that I want to replace but they're all different sizes all same height but very different widths from 715,720,760,770,770 to 810 .
My question is can I trim panel doors down ? According to the label on the doors at my local hardware store you can only trim about 10mm from the width. Also can I use their standard width door (760) and add to it too make it Upto the 810mm .
Is there any reason why they tell you not to trim more than that of a door ? Add they had the same instruction on a solid pine door.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hollow doors have limited wooden strips around the edges. You can glue new wood strips in if needed.

Solid doors you can cut more off no problem

Hollow doors have limited wooden strips around the edges. You can glue new wood strips in if needed.

Solid doors you can cut more off no problem
So I can actually cut the doors down to the size I need , but I would presumably need to cut from both sides?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back