internal door step?

F

faycat

Hi

Just had a new back door fitted in utility room. Between the door fame and the floor tiles there is a section of rough concrete [about 10cm wide]. Between the door frame and the concrete there is a bit of a gap that lets a lot of cold air into the room. How can I cover this concrete area to make it look better and also to block the draught? Is there such a thing as an "internal door step"?

Thanks a lot for any suggestions.

Fay

Sponsored Links
put expanding foam in the gap then use a piece of timber of appropriate size to cover it. you could shape it with a router or plane to make it look more attractive, or maybe find something at the timber yard that's suitable.

i think any joiner who installed a doorframe with a gap blowing air underneath should come back and sort it out or forego part payment.

Thanks for that. Any kind of special glue needed to stick to concrete?
I agree about the gap and have asked the door people to come and sort it out.

maybe gripfill or PU glue? maybe you need to seal the dusty surface of the concrete first with PVA. check the instructions. i would use a couple of screws with rawlplugs personally (or direct frame fixings).

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back