Inverter + TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Okay. So the question is, will a 24V DC - 230V ~ inverter cause interference with a tv? What I've been looking at is a modified sine wave inverter, for a 14" television, and freeview box. Question is, will the TV run well on modified sine wave, are inverters likely to generate interference and should I go for the 150 watt or 300 watt model - or even more - to account for inrush upon switching on the TV?

Sponsored Links
A modified sine wave converter should be quite OK for TV - they are commonly used in this application. Under CE legislation it shouldn't cause any interference either. The question of power depends on your requirement, as Damocles points out.

Box = 15 watt, TV = 78 watt.

The only thing I find difficult to get hold of is the inrush for the TV, and I just need to know this so I know how much 'peak' I need on the inverter (most have an extra allowance for peak, others don't)

Sponsored Links
I reckon you'd be OK with a 150w inverter in that case. The TV may have an inrush of over 100% but the inverter should handle that OK. Keep in mind the fact that the TV's not a power hungry monster and any inrush will be of relatively short duration. The inverter will just limit if too much is drawn at once. (My opinion anyway.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back