iphone cctv?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have a cctv system, they are ip cameras, and they are linked into my NVR and then connected into my network and PC.

Now do I need a static IP address for my router and then set up a channel in my firewall to allow my iphone to connect through and look at my cctv?

if anyone has ANY clue how this works, please PLEASE, tell me
I found one very interesting cctv quotation website but it's actually not helping me with my iphone,

Can anybody else suggest any links to any place that knows how to do it?

Sponsored Links
If you are going to do things remotely then yes, you will need a static IP address.

No, you do not need a static IP address.

You need a service like dyndns or no-ip. Your ISP will most likely not give you a static address.

Sponsored Links
Plenty of ISP's will give static IP's.

The average consumer ISP will not let you have a static IP, and those that do generally charge for it. Static IPs are generally unneeded, and most people wouldn't be able to remember them anyway.

You do not need a static IP. What u need to do is look into your boardfband router.

in your router setup, if its a consumer router (common brand like netgear linksys dlink etc) it probably have an option to set up a dynamic route.

i.e. if it gives option to enter Dyn-DNS.org user name and password etc, go to that website and register a free single address account. arm with that user name and password, u can get to your router using an alias (given by dyn Dns in this case, probably something like yourname.is-a-server.org).

step 2, u need to route the port matching the NVR internal IP. this is essentially the critical step to "get through". the actual name of the option vary greatly between brands.

step 3, u can now view the image through the iphone browser (I am assuming its a browser based player? if its a custom written app, it can get complex without static IP). your next problem with browser based viewer is plug-in, can it be play back on iphone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back