Is 22mm any better than 15 mm from loft tank to boiler

LaT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a boiler on the ground floor and am fitting a cold water storage tank in the attic to transmit pressure to the holier to then feed the bathroom. The pipework into the boiler is 15mm (its French). Would it make any difference if I used 15 mm pipe down to the boiler or 22m pipe, if it is going into 15mm at the boiler anyway?

Sponsored Links
Can you give more details on the boiler and system.

Few boilers are expecting to have a water supply from a loft tank!

Are you sure that you know what you are doing?

Nor do I understand your reference to 15 mm as being French. In France pipework is 14/16/18 mm !

Tony

Sponsored Links
I'm guessing he has a French Combi

He wants to supply the cold to the boiler via a tank because he has poor mains pressure. He then wants to know if he would have a better performance from 22mm pipe.

If that's the case, if your installing a break tank, you could then pump the 15mm to feed the boiler.

Or just fit a Mains boos pump instead. This will increase your pressure by 1.6 bar and maintain 12 litres a min

Or I've completely misunderstood

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back