Is a Method Statement/Risk Assessment necessary for private household?

Does this "residents association (run as a limited company)" own the freehold by any chance and the leaseholders all own a share in the company as a vehicle for "owning" a share in the freehold?

The HSE specifically state property companies like this are treated as commercial clients. How could you have a private residential client who is a limited company?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your continued interest, jeds and wessex 101. The Residents Association is a limited company (each resident is a shareholder) but the properties are individual freeholds. There are some collectively owned grassed areas which are maintained by the Association and the external decorating and window cleaning are also handled by the Association.
Starting to sound as if my initial concerns about responsibilities might be correct after all.
But I should reiterate the decorating is entirely for the privately owned householders, not for common areas. The Association just organises a contractor and pays the bill, which along with grass cutting etc is financed by a standing charge agreed on an annual basis.
Hope this helps explain the setup.

The regs say "A domestic client is any individual who has construction work carried out on their home, or the home of a family member, that is not done as part of any business".

IMHO you are a non-domestic client.

Sponsored Links
Thanks denso13. I will work on the assumption that the Association is a non-domestic client and ask the contractors (or help the contractors) to produce a RAMS document.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back