Is an Air admittance valve allowed???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, we currently have a soil pipe rising up in the corner of our bathroom, it goes from downstairs all the way up and through the roof. It only serves a washbasin downstairs, and the toilet,bath and basin upstairs. Is it permissable to cap off the pipe in the boxing where the toilet cistern is, and put an Air admittance valve/Durgo onto it ?? I realise it has to be above the highest flood level which to me is the overflow on the basin so that ,means i would be able to squeeze it in to the boxing just below sink top height.

All help appreciated

Nick

Sponsored Links
How do i check that then Bahco? We have one soil stack and one toilet connected to the drains, its a row of terrace houses so they are all the same. Our one soil stack serves the following, ground floor basin and shower and first floor bath basin and toilet. ground floor toilet is via its own connection to the drains.

Nick

Sponsored Links
Your current set up is giving you the answer. You will have no vent if you fit an AAV. :(

Sorry if I am wrong guys, but I thought it was possible to have AAV in a terrace as long as at least every 4th house is open to above roof level...

I thought it was possible to have AAV in a terrace as long as at least every 4th house is open to above roof level...

Maybe the OP s house is the 4th one. ;)

Not heard of that one but will take your word for it.

Sorry if I am wrong guys, but I thought it was possible to have AAV in a terrace as long as at least every 4th house is open to above roof level...
Do you know who oversees alterations to foul waste drainage systems?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back