is bar shower knackered ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - ive got a thermostaic bar shower, dont know what make as it doesnt say on it.. when im havinga shower i can hear the noise coming from the cold connection of the bar shower, listen to attached file, even the water is not very hot, even though the body of the bar shower is piping hot as i like to have hot shower..are the cartridges knackerd ? can you get universal cartridges or shall i just replace with new bar shower.., i think the cold water may be mixing with the hot, even thought the cold side is turned off..

Attachments

• noisy bar shower.zip
    208.8 KB · Views: 107
Sponsored Links
Just replace the whole thing, there's no such thing as a universal cartridge

Has it always done this or just recently? If always, are the hot and cold feeds the correct orientation out the wall - hot left, cold right?

If they're correct, just get a new bar... That's the beauty of them... No built in valve in the wall allowing manufacturers to charge a fortune for new cartridges!

hi - yes its fitted correctly, its been doing this for a few years now lol...think ill just replace the whole thing....thought changing the cartridges would be cheaper, but no makers name on it...so ill buy another..

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back