Is Gumtree a good place to find builders?

P

pongoman

Can you find decent tradesman and builders on Gumtree?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Definition of 'up a gumtree'
up a gum tree in British English
awkward position; in difficulties

See full dictionary entry for gumtree
Collins English Dictionary. Copyright © HarperCollins Publishers

I wonder if this definition had any influence on the person(s) who set up the gumtree service

Sponsored Links
Pongoman is a troll....this is just another wind up thread.

gumtree is good for things that are cheap useless or broken.
Builders and tradesman advertise on Gumtree. High end cars costing £20,000 can be found as well as houses and good quality tools. Gumtree is not just for things that are cheap, useless or broken.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago when Gumtree allowed individuals to offer their own direct labour services free of charge, I found it was the best source to recruit new subcontractors, but after Gumtree changed their business model to require fee-paid adverts, the number of those looking for work declined, and sadly I know of no other website that has replaced Gumtree. Last year I placed a number of paid adverts on Indeed, with very limited success. If anyone has other recent suggestions, please let me know!

Years ago when Gumtree allowed individuals to offer their own direct labour services free of charge, I found it was the best source to recruit new subcontractors, but after Gumtree changed their business model to require fee-paid adverts, the number of those looking for work declined, and sadly I know of no other website that has replaced Gumtree. Last year I placed a number of paid adverts on Indeed, with very limited success. If anyone has other recent suggestions, please let me know!
I have recruited from indeed -using their free service.

Social media is a good starting point for decent local tradesmen.
Usually through recommendations.

Sponsored Links
Back