is my wireless thermostat wired correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all,

just had a new combi boiler installed (vaillant ecotec pro). i also have a wireless thermostat (salus RT500F) to control it

here is the problem, this is my first time at attempting to wire a receiver to the boiler and im not sure i have done it correctly

when i turn the temperature above the current temperature i get the fire symbol on the thermostat, then upstairs on the receiver the green LED comes on ... good sign i thought but i dont hear the boiler kicking in and the radiators are cold?

RECEIVER
L-230V from the fused spur (same spur used for boiler)
N-neutral from the fused spur (same spur used for boiler)
COM- linked from the L
N/O - to the boiler (RT)

BOILER
L-from the spur
N-from the spur
E-from the spur
RT- 230V AC room thermostat
i also took the link out on the 24V DC room thermostat

any help is greatly appreciated
thanks

Sponsored Links
p.s is this in the right forum or would i be better putting it in a different one ?

you will need to put the link back in to the 24V connections

wow, cant believe that was all it was!
i blame the room thermostat instructions, it said if the boiler has 2 terminals for the thermostat remove the link from the boiler, i assuming the 24V is one and the 230V is the other :oops: :oops:

thanks a lot mate, really appreciate it

P.S. it is quite cold tonight :LOL:

Sponsored Links
no probs mate glad to be of help, your boiler or any other boiler for that matter can use either one or both switching terminals for differing variations of controls it doesnt always have to be a thermostat that interrupts the link so unless instructed to remove a link always leave it in place

no probs mate glad to be of help, your boiler or any other boiler for that matter can use either one or both switching terminals for differing variations of controls it doesnt always have to be a thermostat that interrupts the link so unless instructed to remove a link always leave it in place

hello again,
now my radiators wont turn off? ... which is alot better than no heating at all, to get them off i need to switch the full boiler off
my set temperature is below the current temperature, my receiver isnt asking for heating but on my boiler display it has the radiator sign

havent got my multimeter to check the terminals in the receiver but will try remember to bring it home tomorrow, was just wondering if it can be anything else?

thanks

The easiest way would be to remove the link from L that you put into the receiver and use the terminals from the low voltage link that you put back in and connect these to the receiver com and NO and this will switch the boiler on and off, this is using 24v over the switching part make sure NO other wires whatsoever are connected to these terminals or you will damage the boiler

hi i also have a problem regarding the wiring with a salus rt500f, does anyone know the correct way to wire it? I have a biasi m90E 24S wired by a switched fused spur and 3 amp fuse any help is appreciated, Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back