Is planning permission required to put one property BACK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Can any one help me?

My current home was originally 2 separate houses and the previous owner knocked it into one.

Would planning permission be needed to put the property back into two separate dwellings and if so how hard would it be to achieve planning on this.

Thank you for taking the time to read my query and if you have any comments or ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks H

Sponsored Links
If it was built as two originally, it shouldn't necessarily be a problem, but do watch out that they don't come along with a demand to pay Section 106 or CIL charges.

For CIL there is already an exemption for self-builders in your scenario, but the consultation on whether it extends to S106 is still going through parliament. If you're in an area where the council still demand S106 rather than the newer CIL, I'd wait until that consultation is determined before you make any application - could save you having to pay thousands of pounds in stealth taxes

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back