Is there a way to check Actual Modulation Level on Vaillant EcoTEC 630 ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have the ecoTEC plus 630 (VU 306/5-5 R2). I have the VR65 for DHW, but am using a NEST for UFH controls with the Boiler Flow set at 55 degrees.

As flow temp increases towards 55, modulation increase (goes lower) but even when at 55 flow (d.40) for some time, the boiler is still running at slightly over 10kw per hr of Gas consumption. The Boiler modulation indicator does not reach the lowest setting, which concurs with the Gas Consumption (over 10kW).

Any thoughts on why the boiler does not modulate fully down to the spec level of 6.4kW for Nominal Heat Output P@ 50/30 ?
D.40 = 55
D.41 = 45

Spec. minimum Heat Input for that boiler is 6.2kW

It’s has the Modulation Symbol on the display indicating Modulation at 2 or 3 steps up from the lowest level. Ie. About 1/3 of the full modulation range.

is there any other ways beyond the display graph to read the Actual Modulation level ? I can’t find any suitable D. codes.

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back