Is this internal damage caused by the rendering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Our neighbour has put up some guttering that comes over on our side above our conservatory and we're trying to get it removed.

He's screwed the guttering into the rendering and you can see rust and green marks where water is getting on the wall.

Were getting water damage on the plasterboard inside our conservatory underneath where that is.

Is this likely to be being caused by what our neighbour has done and its impacts to the rendering?

_20210208_104437.JPG

DSC_1692.JPG

DSC_1693.JPG

Thanks

Sponsored Links
More likely to be the rendering it looks in poor condition and will track under the lead on your conservatory.
I wouldn't be happy with those ladders balanced above my conservatory either.

who does the wall belong to, and where does the guttering discharge?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.

We're not keen on the ladders either! We've been here about 18 months and the previous owner let him keep them there.

The rendering seemed OK before it started having the water tipping down it from that guttering. But difficult to say that it wouldn't have happened unless they did that I guess.

The wall is built on the boundary line. It was built as part of the neighbours extension and is where the old wall between the outhouses used to be.

I've got a separate thread open in the guttering section - I don't know how to link them I'm afraid. It dischargesto the floor at the end, not to a drain. We replaced our guttering, our neighbour put this up and now our neighbour has a solicitor saying we don't have right of drainage. We don't have a downpipe at the rear. It's all a bit of a nightmare!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back