Is this mold or what?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On bedroom wall, noticed it today. It's halfway up the wall and next to bathroom but i doubt there's a water pipe behind it.
20220121_090438[1].jpg

Sponsored Links
On the plus side, you might be able to repair the plumbing from this side and not disturb tiles, if it is tiled.

Could be condensation on cold water pipe.... if cold water pipe is on the other side and touching the wall in them two places.

Sponsored Links
Could be condensation on cold water pipe.... if cold water pipe is on the other side and touching the wall in them two places.

Upstairs has been very condensated lately, i can't see it being caused by a water pipe that high. Thanks.

how high is it, and whereabouts on the wall? Can you do a photo further back, and one from the other side in the bathroom?

On bedroom wall, noticed it today. It's halfway up the wall and next to bathroom but i doubt there's a water pipe behind it.

If you are plumbed in copper pipe, try a metal detector, it will confirm whether or not it is pipework. The marking does suggest water pipes, two, and in direct contact with the plasterboard - maybe where a pipe joint is. As other suggest, likely condensation running down cold pipes, emerging through the PB.

please stand back and take a wider pic of the entire room, and for the other side of the wall too. put something to show where the wet marks correspond.

20220121_172238[1].jpg
please stand back and take a wider pic of the entire room, and for the other side of the wall too. put something to show where the wet marks correspond.

About 3 to 4 feet high. Shown in the circle here; 20220121_170704[1].jpg

The bathroom is in the room behind this wall. Here is the other side; 8th tile up from floor and the first column of tiles near door. That is directly behind the spots on bedroom. Here;

20220121_172238[1].jpg

Last edited:

What's the solution? Cut into the wall and do something to the pipework?

I only ask, because any damage u make to the wall will want repairing and if its wood panels, it'll be impossible without it looking ****. Id wait n see if it gets worse. Draw round the outside in pencil so u can monitor it. If gets worse, youre gonna have to have a look..... but go steady cutting into that..... you have no idea what's behind there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back