Is this screwfix composite doorset any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.screwfix.com/p/portico-birkdale-composite-front-door-black-rh-880-x-2055mm/19952#

£443.39 with what looks like everything needed. I need a door for my garage extension ( a small office/bedroom) and was settled on a cheap redwood FLB door which would cost about £70 for the door, the same for the frame and a few quid for locks/hinges etc so maybe £180 all in.

I want to spend as least as possible however I am drawn to the benefits of composite. That set seems a bit too cheap from what I've heard about composites so thought I would seek opinion here!

If that door is OK, maybe the difference in the fitted cost between the two isn't that great with the extra time taken for my carpenter/builder to finish and install the wood door?

Thanks

Dan

Sponsored Links
look good and cheap enough, note: sill available seperately. they need to be fitted plumb and they are quite heavy so it isnt the easiest of jobs

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back