Is this the right fitting? (just drilled through pipe)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new house and the heating pipes are 10mm pvc (or what ever type of plastric they are) and i just drill through one. Heating ids off so i have contained it but what the best way to repair these? will this do the job -

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=100985&ts=85503&id=21527

As it says for copper pipe only but the the 15mm one says for copper and plastic?

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId=100985&ts=85032&id=28263

Hope someone can help tonight as i need to get this done ASAP in the morning

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, i noticed i posted the 15mm, but i have editied my post above will the 10mm one be ok for this sort of flexible plastiv pipe i have on the heating?

Yes.

You can get them from Q+B, you will need two inserts aswell.
Make sure the cut of the pipe is a clean one with no jagged edges ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks so much, what inserts would i need from Q & B? as the wiffe will have to get this in the morning?

Softus - The last link, is that the best to get then, as i will be covering this up so i would want the best. Just confused as a non plumber type person that the copper fixing is the best to use on plastic piping?

Many thnaks

Thanks, will i need inserts for the one from screw fix?

May get that one tomorrow (temp fix0 and then order the copper one!

Wel not to leave any stones un-turned, the fitting worked great!

Many thanks for the backup!

Cheers

deefadog said:
The last link, is that the best to get then, as i will be covering this up so i would want the best.
The Pegler fittings are particularly good quality, but the reason I suggested a compression coupling is because I don't know how the condition of your existing plastic pipe - if it has any scratches on then you risk having a leak past the O ring of a push-fit fitting.

Just confused as a non plumber type person that the copper fixing is the best to use on plastic piping?
Er, they're brass, not copper. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back