Island Hot and Cold Feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Ive relalised that my builder hasnt yet sorted out plumbing for the kitchen island in the extension we are having built at the moment

Hes on holiday now for a week but hes been trying to manage things from holiday however Ive just thought and yeh the plumbing for the island hasnt been done - the waste is in just not the hot and cold

Anyway the insulation for the underfloor heating is down and the screed for the underfloor heating was due to go in on Monday! So lucky I thought of it now as theres a million other things going on in the house

So ---- what are your thoughts on doing this - I know where to attach the pipe and get them in the floor but would you put joints under the finished floor - Im hoping to try and bend some plastic pipe if possible and come up near or around the waste so as to avoid the use of any joints I wont be able to see

How would you fix the pipes down as my guess is that they will move in the insulation???

Thanks all

Sponsored Links
The pipes need to go underneath the UFH pipes and be insulated, or they'll get too warm when the heating is on and you'll have warm water coming out of your cold tap

Can you not just msg your builder and get him to ask a plumber to come round before Monday?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back