Isolating valves for shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to fit a thermostatic shower, running it off the bath supplies. I was going to run 15mm pipes up the wall to the shower with isolation valves just after the pick off under the bath. But just having got the valves I see the internal size of them is only 8mm. Is this going to cause a problem with the flow rate? The supplies are from the cold tank in the loft and the hot water cylinder, with a good flow to the bath taps.

Sponsored Links
Yes they will restrict the flow, but only slightly, and probably not as much as elbows rather than pulled bends. You can get full bore valves if it's a worry, or you can fit isolators to the 22mm pipes before you tee-off for the shower.

Only you can say if it's of an acceptable performance.

Thanks for that.
I'll fit them, bend the pipes and see what the flow is like.
Had a look behind the basin, they are 15 down to 10mm and the flow rate is good there for the hot.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back