Issue with Radiator connected with 8mm Piping to existing 15mm Copper

My simple rule of thumb of 100 W per sq meter would make that rad output about right IF the flow temperature was about 82C or at its design temperature.

So are there any undisclosed heat losses? Leaking windows? Vents to the outside?
That seems a good tule of thump, I have a 16M2 room with one double rad, 1690 watts and it heats up in well less than a hour from cold (including system) the TRV then throttles in the flow and, depending on the OT, a output of ~ 350/550watts keeps it at 20C..
Kevin's room is 11.7M2 so the 1345watt rads should output almost 115watts/M2 at its rated output.
A T50 rad with flow/return temps of 75C/65C, dT 10C, will give its rated output with a room temp of 20C, it will also give its rated output with flow/return temps of 82C/62C, dT 20C, thats why its so important to know the flow/return temperatures, the actual and the rated output can then easily be calculated for any given flow temperatures, from that one set of readings.

Sponsored Links
Hello

Apologies for not Updating this Thread.

After being in touch with the Company that Installed the Radiator and also speaking to Stelrad Technical Support, it has been determined that, for the Living Room, I require a Radiator with at least 1428 Watts, the one I have now is 1345 Watts.

I am getting the Installers in Next Friday to do a final check, however, I will be Replacing the current Type 21 with a Type 22 of the same size.

This should hopefully resolve the issue with the Room always being Cold.

One related Question, kind of.

When the Radiator is Replaced, how do I stop the Boiler from Modulating and keep the Flow Temperature at 75C whilst everything is Balanced, again?

I have the sensoCOMFORT RF, Wireless Weather Sensor, sensoNET and AmbiSense TRVs.

Thanks in advance

Kevin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back