8mm pipe replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to replace an 8mm heating pipe with 15mm.

The main 22mm pipe where the 8mm starts from is under some laminated flooring. I don’t want to lift up the floor.

My question is: Can I leave a 1 meter length of the 8mm pipe and attach the new 15mm pipe to the 8mm? Will I lose the better flow benefit of the 15mm pipe?

My heating is all 8mm, we have had an extension built and a new radiator installed. The plumber has taken a feed off one of the existing radiators for the new radiator. As a result both radiators do not heat up fully, I have tried to balance them but with little success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
not going to gain much with 8mm still restricting it. the plumber should know this.

you should never tee into 8mm for another rad, always go back to the main circuit otherwise it won't work properly

Sponsored Links
Ahhh - laminate flooring - the indoor equivalent of block paving. :evil:

'Fraid you will either have to lift the flooring or find somewhere else to feed the new rad from.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back